It's official... my baby boy has two teeth shining proudly on the bottom gum of his adorable smiley mouth! He is growing up... faster and faster!
It reality it seems silly to blog about little daily happenings (new teeth, ordering food), but isn't that what life is made up with? Little steps, little achievements, little milestones that make up our lives. So, in addition to the teeth, here are some other new happenings this week!
1. Isaac can now scale the couch! I don't mean just pulling up and then sliding down. I mean completely climbing up the couch, all the way to the back of the couch, and then smiling and laughing proudly before returning down the way he came. (A heart attack over and over for me!)
2. Layla read a book today! Yes, it took forever and patience wore thin after forgetting the word "now" fifty-thousand times... but she did indeed read a book! *She's been reading smaller books for a while, but this was a BOOK!
3. Isaac said "Ma-Ma" in Wal-Mart, proudly at the cashier's station! Yes, he wanted me to hold him and give him a bottle, so he screamed "Ma-Ma" over the chaos of Wal-Mart to get my attention! (but hey, I'll take what I can get!) And yes, David was in attendance and agreed with me that it wasn't a mumble it was "Ma-Ma"!
4. We took Layla school clothes shopping, which is a feat of its own! She now has opinions about what is cool and hip and what she would never wear, etc! It's unreal how short shorts are now, and how skimpy the shirts are!
5. Isaac and Layla and I had the joy of seeing WallE this weekend with Stacey and Hunter. The joy was in Isaac, not necessarily the movie, which was not as good as we thought it would be! But Isaac kept us entertained throughout the movie! He had some little snacks in a small cup and wanting to be a big boy, kept reaching in with his hand and getting one out! (His left hand I might add, which makes his Daddy proud because he wants a left-handed baseball player!) Anyways, he ran out of snacks, but continued to reach into the cup, take out a "snack", chew it, and swallow it while watching the movie! We laughed so hard at that... make believe snacks. (If we all could do that and be satisfied, we might lose some weight! LOL)