Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Ball, Bubbles and Buns...

Softball is in full swing. Friday and Saturday Tattnall County hosted a tournament (David's school) and the weather turned out great. Saturday morning we got up early and headed to the rec department, the sky was overcast and cool. Layla, Isaac and I worked at the gate while David coached. Unfortunately, the girls just couldn't find their groove, and they lost the first game. Thus, setting them up for a game against SE Bulloch. Let's just say that game went down the same way as the other. On a good note, they did win their first game against Claxton! With two hurt players, I worry about the season which has just opened. David's goal is for at least one more win than last year...

Layla loves to go to the games when they are at the rec fields because they have playgrounds. She enjoyed swinging and sliding all day while we watched the games. Isaac has decided that he is too big for the stroller and he needs to "walk" everywhere. However, he still can't balance just right on those tiny feet and needs to hold your finger. As much as it was a nice day, it wasn't that nice of a day to be bent over walking around with an 11 month old, usually in circles, once the sun came out. It was hot, and the kids and I called it a day after Tattnall's last game.

I can honestly say that I never believed that I would be "into" softball. Anyone who knows me knows that I am clumsy and extremely un-athletic! Yes, I've fractured my leg while bowling... does that explain it? But, I find myself clapping and cheering and getting upset over loses and excited over wins! I admit it... when I was working the gate and the first team that Tattnall was up against came through, they were talking "smack" about how bad they were (granted, last year was their first winning season... ever!). So, what do I do? Text David instantly to tell his girls to get their game on!!

On the other hand, Isaac should be voted best sportsman! He claps for everyone. He proudly claps his tiny hands together, showing off his newly learned skill, whenever anyone claps or cheers at the game. And, unfortunately, the game we were watching, there was not much clapping for our girls... but Isaac clapped for every hit or out!

I have decided that I need to try to take things a little slower in the evening, enjoying time with the kids as much as possible before bedtime. We have a routine, but sometimes just get rushed. So last night, I decided that Isaac could take a bath by himself instead of trying to save time and bathe them both together. Well, it didn't end up happening until after Layla went to bed. But, I stuck my little spaghetti faced boy in the tub and decided to slow down. I poured a capful of bubble bath in there upon realizing that he had never taken a bubble bath. Oh my! What a delight! It was worth it, even though I got to bed late and everything didn't get completed... He thought it was super cool that he had bubbles and was a clown in the tub. He would lift his arms up in the air, then slowly bring them down into the bubbles, then clap them together... laughing the entire time. The funniest part was that he would stand up in the tub - holding onto my hands - and try to get the bubbles off of his feet... Too cute! Anyways, here are a few pictures from the event. Layla was not happy this morning that she missed out on it, so I guess it is her turn tonight!

Okay, so now my title makes sense, right?!? Ball - softball season has started, Bubbles - Isaac's first bubble bath... and buns? I'm sure you've guessed! I couldn't help myself, they were so cute! (By the way, look how much his hair is growing in on the back... I'm so impressed! I thought we would have a hairy bodied, balding baby forever!)

1 comment:

The Scarboro's said...

What a cute little bootie, oh I mean baby...