Sunday, September 7, 2008

First Birthday!

A year of bottles, diapers, sleepless nights, spit up and pacifiers... 365 days seem so long, but so short. It feels like yesterday we woke up early to drive to the hospital to "get him out" as Layla would say. The day of his birth went great, no drama, no emergencies... oh wait, how could I forget that David had to lay down on the floor because he looked at the epidural needle and almost fell out? How could I forget when the nurse came in to "check" me and told my visitors that they didn't need to leave? I'm laughing as I type this... realizing that it was one of the best days of my life, the joy and wonder of bringing a baby into the world after 9 long months.


Isaac was born at 4:34 pm on September 4, 2007, weighing a healthy 7lbs. 4oz. He was so tiny compared to his big sister who weighed a pound larger when she was born! During the 9 months of carrying him, I constantly rubbed my tummy and said "You are going to be my sweet, cuddly boy... Mommy's boy!" It must have worked! First, we found out he was a boy... and then he was so snuggly.... and now he is "attached" to Mommy! I love it! Every minute of it, even when David complains. Layla loved her Daddy from the first minute she took a breathe of air, I carried her for 9 months, but she loved him!


Overall, Isaac is one of the best babies that I have ever known. I know, I'm biased, but ask someone else! He is on a schedule, he eats anything (sometimes this can be bad), he has slept through the night since about 2 months, he cuddles, he smiles, he giggles at everything and most importantly he is mine.


We had a party for him on Saturday with a Sesame Street theme. He woke up feeling yucky, wanted his Mommy all day and was extremely sleepy and sensitive. But, he enjoyed his party, he got lots of wonderful presents from people who love him, and passed out as soon as everyone left.


A few highlights from the day...


Mr. Birthday Boy's own cake to destroy!



What a cute face... all covered in icing... getting clean!
(and no, if you know me, he didn't last long like this before getting cleaned up)


A tired, sick boy... too tired for presents...
Mommy and his guests had to help him open presents,
and he seemed more interested in cards!
Overall, we had a great day! A wonderful celebration of our son's first year of life! He truly is a special boy.... Happy Birthday, Isaac!
A special thanks to everyone that helped us celebrate... thanks for enjoying the day with us, thanks for the wonderful presents, and thanks for loving our son too!
For pictures of his birthday cakes... check out my cake blog at www.sprinklesoffun.blogspot.com!

No comments: